Wednesday 1 November 2017

Greatest Horror Film Facebook Poll

Greetings horror- hounds. Just a quick post. If you're not following our group page on Facebook then please do. I'm trying to interact more and be a lot more active over there. Just search the name of this blog to find us. Anyway in case you aren't aware I did a poll in said group to find which films to watch for my Halloween triple-bill tradition. Calling it a vote for the overall best horror film of all time wouldn't be fair as voters were told to choose their best three and made aware why I was asking. Also the choices had to be films that I owned on either DVD or Blu-Ray. I started with the Blu-Rays and that poll ended like so;


Next up I asked for the best three choices from my DVDs. Results were;


I asked in another group I'm a member of for their top choices, and recorded the votes from both groups' combined DVD & Blu-Ray polls, and was able to come up with a final shortlist of films. The results from this Final Poll were;



Finally I added the scores from this poll to the previous scores which created the last poll and was able to get a distinct final ten. And so, the Top Ten Greatest Horror Films of All Time (from the ones that I own and with very limited voting) are;

Halloween Horror Poll: FINAL TOP TEN

1. The Thing (10 overall votes)
2. Beetlejuice (9)
- The Shining (9)
4. Scream (8)
- The Terminator (8)
6. Aliens (7)
7. Shaun of the Dead (6)
8. Alien (5)
- Let the Right One In (5)
- Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (5)

We found a clear Top Three.  And so my Halloween triple bill to be reviewed/ discussed on the blog later are...


🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment