Friday 26 February 2010

News - Paranormal Activity 2 gets Palmed off?


OK, not normally a film which would interest me enough to post once, let alone twice but I just heard a rumour, courtesy again of AICN, that one of the directors up for the gig is a personal favourite of mine and somewhat legend in the field, Mr Brian De Palma. My interest just way peaked for this film now, I love Dressed to Kill and think Carrie is a work of genius filmic art, with some of the boldest directorial choices and shots ever commited to horror, it was even, for a time, a movie I quoted as my favourite. Sure there have been blips over the years with less than stellar movies but they always looked amazing and had a certain flair, not something I usually notice even but I am excited to see what can be brought to a tale which appeals to the ghost story nut part of me too.
Do check out the original article, by "Beaks" here.

In the interests of fairness and journalistic integrity two other names have also been proposed as possible helmers of this project: Brad Anderson and Greg McLean. Can't say I initially recognise either name though from whence this news originated, the site of the L.A Times:

"As for the young genre directors, they include a more Peli-ish group of freshmen and sophomores: Brad Anderson (director of a Woody Harrelson-Emily Mortimer thriller a few years back called "Transsiberian") and Greg McLean (a writer and director on an Australian horror movie called "Wolf Creek" -- another low-budget title that made a nice multiple, $16 million in U.S. box office)."

Interesting stuff, I'll be keeping my eye on this one now, and likely picking up the first movie on DVD.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment