Saturday 20 June 2009

Five Questions for Marvel Man...















Hey guys, Mr B asked me to throw down my responses to his questions to let you know just a tiny little bit about me and my tastes in all things scary too. Here goes:

Q) What's the most recent horror film you've seen?

A) It was quite a while ago actually and was when I picked up the DVD of [.REC], which I dug incidentally. Really want to see Drag Me To Hell though.


Q) Who is your favourite horror director?

A) difficult but the top 5, in no particular order, are Sam Raimi, Hideo Nakata, Wes Craven, Takashi Shimizu and George Romero. Just losing out is John Carpenter but only for his horror work between 1970-1990. The number one would be James Cameron but I wouldn't necessarily class him as a "horror director".


Q) Favourite horror scene?

A) Again several. My apologies. In order this time: The end reveal from Dark Water (which Mr B can attest genuinely terrified and silenced me), the "under the covers" moment from Ju-On, the inventive deaths of things like Argento or the Final Destination flicks or on the complete other end, for the trashy, guilty sci-fi fan in me, most of Jason X.


Q) What's the first horror film you remember seeing?

A) It should be sci-fi horror cos s.f is my thang but I was a coward as a young 'un, afraid of any snippets of horror films I saw. The first one I sat through properly, and enjoyed, was Scream.


Q) Favourite type of horror?

A) Unlike Mr B I like my teen stuff and looove slashers, but just edging them is what I'm gonna call "asian atmosphere horror". See above for examples of the directors but films including grudge, ring, etc.


"What's your favourite scary movie?" (Scream trilogy, 1996, 1998, 2002)...

No but really, I'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment