Sunday 28 June 2009

Horror TV - NIght Stalker

I never saw the original Kolchak TV show, but it does sound quite a lot like something I'd enjoy. What I did see recently was most of the episodes of the 2005 show Night Stalker, featuring Stuart Townsend.

I can honestly say that it was almost a personal attack that I found the show to be cancelled after such a short run. It had everything I like - attractive characters, weird storylines, Gabrielle Union (yum), an X-Files like feel and the lead driving a wonderful Mustang.

I'm not big on comparing a new show to an old one (things have to move on, ideas get re-interpreted etc - if you're not going to change anything why bother remaking?), but I do feel like Night Stalker should have got a second series. Much like the cancellation of Twin Peaks, there was a lot that remained unexplained. I suppose that it's good that it managed to avoid just dying on it's arse like The X-Files did.

No comments:

Post a Comment