Sunday 22 November 2009

Friday The 13th Part 3 IN 3-D!!! - Quick Thoughts.


This movie aired twice over the weekend as part of the whole season described below. I didn't watch the whole thing (partly due to the hazy, coloured effects which were just headache inducing without the glasses on, but also because of what I saw). I thought I would chime in with opinions on what I did see though.
The first scene was an attack in a barn with a rake, which wanted so badly to be shocking and did feature a corpse hanging in an almost affecting way in the 3-d but after realising that implements of imapling could point almost from the screen this death was milked to, well death, and robbed of already ropy impact.
The next thing I happened across whilst channel hopping was the entire last half hour. Up to now Texas Chain Saw Massacre had the most annoying final act in horror but no more. The worst synth score of the 80's, climaxing in electronic and irritating shrieks with every jump shot as if the 3-d effect itself demanded it and happening every 3 seconds, a lame chase, effects rendered impotent and overkilled, a completely lacklustre and non-threatening Jason, a criminally boring scene and even a rehashed first film shock at the end which robs both of any impact. If anyone has seen the full thing let me know if the effect works and what it's like. It is not one I will be going out of my way to catch properly.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment