Saturday 28 November 2009

Vampire news to sink your teeth into...


... (sorry.) No I am not talking about the god awful Twilight franchise which seems to have hypnotised teenage girls and the quality impaired, that will NEVER be covered by me. However what I did come across were a couple of other interesting tidbits about undoubtedly better upcoming movies starring the fang-baring blood suckers:

First up I noticed that there is a 30 Days of Night sequel headed our way, along with yet more future releases planned, and thought this worth mentioning. I liked the first flick, which I bought and watched around the same time as Mr B, but I think he got more out of it. Still a very enjoyable movie, ripe for a rewatch, and this still definitely interests me.

Secondly whilst sifting for gems through the news on this especially bored Saturday I came across a synopsis and trailer for an interesting sounding film called Daybreakers. Upon viewing the promo piece it looks a little tame and perhaps too geek-based and less horrific than could be good for it, but the premise still seems really enticing, and don't get me started on the cast. BD (of course) says of the film:

With all of the remakes shrouding the box office, it's nice to see some unique and thought-provoking horror films hitting theaters. Lionsgate is gearing up for their January 8, 2010 release of the long-delayed Daybreakers, Peter and Michael Spierig's sophomore genre effort that follows a race of vampires who have all but wiped out the world's blood supply. Interesting premise, no? Check out the second full trailer by reading on.

BD Horror News - A Second Trailer for Lionsgate's 'Daybreakers'

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment