Saturday 15 August 2009

Fright Fest - Tis the season to be scared


Hi all. In case you're unaware I just wanted to give a heads up that Film 4's 10th annual Fright Fest is about to get underway on August 27th, with some awesome guests, premieres, talks and classic horror on the big screen down at the Empire, Leicester Square. I myself won't be attending despite wishing I was (though I suspect Mr B wishes he were going even more) due to lack of money, holiday time or motivation but if anyone is heading down there I would really love to hear from you about the experience, the rest of us can find details over at the site:

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/

More relevant is the news, announced (or at least discovered by me via commercial) yesterday that Film 4 itself will be hosting a season of 15 days of horror films to coincide. For the record Film 4 is available and completely free via most satellite, cable and freeview services. Whilst I would probably lose my mind and enact the plot of one of these films if I were to try and watch them all (and for the sake of my sanity I shan't) I WILL endeavour to watch as many as I can, and especially those which interest me, and post reviews and comments, both short and long, in the very place you're reading right now.

The full line up is still unclear (but I will go searching and try and post as soon as I can) but the trailer/ad showed scenes from various interesting looking films and announced that the season starts on Monday with Wolf Creek. Again if you are watching along with any, or all, of the films at the festival, or on TV, feel free, nee encouraged, to post comments about it, and do enjoy...

Marvel Man signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment