Sunday 6 September 2009

Finding Horror

A short one this, but sometimes you see a film and then kinda forget about it. Good or bad, it sort of drifts into your subconscious, only to be remembered when someone makes a throwaway remark, or indeed remake as I originally typed accidentally.

This brings me to a film that recently resurfaced in my memories - The Exorcist 3. Released in 1990, the film stars Brad Dourif (genre favourite and also star of The Lord of the Rings) as 'The Gemini Killer'.

The movie is superior in almost every way to the bizzare sequel to the original film and it provides numerous shocks as well as a great atmosphere of dread. So, why can't I buy the damn thing on DVD at the moment? It looks as though I'll have to get either a box set of 1-4 or buy an american region 1. Damn it!

I'm sure this won't be the last time that this happens to me either, knowing my penchant for remembering weird horror that I saw a while ago but now want to rewatch...

No comments:

Post a Comment